Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Tweener - Grow up and wear some clothes


On February 26 I wrote an inaugural Tweener column. It's that time of the week again - here are this issue's quick hitters:
  • This week here in DC it is supposed to be in the 60s or low 70s every day. I don't say that to rub it in your face, I say that because I would like for you to empathize with how much I want a hammock. You know that feeling when you just want to take a nap? You're just too tired to do anything but lie down because you spent the day at work, or you got up early on a Saturday because someone wanted you to accompany them to a farmers market and are therefore sleep deprived, or if you're like me you got up at noon and spent two hours watching tv and that made you sleepy again. You have that "as soon as my head hits the pillow" feeling. Well, that must be how the Bulls feel. (Was that a stretch? I don't know.) The number of shots they left on the front of the rim last night was dizzying. The number of tips they missed was unlikely. The number of loose balls they won was, well, not very good. They're just tired. The good news is - that "as soon as my head hits the pillow feeling" they have will be resolved soon, since they're one game away from being done. It's too bad they couldn't be healthy - it would have been a lot more fun for the rest of us.  Don't be surprised if during game 5 Carlos Boozer does this to himself, just so he can get to sleep even earlier:
  • The other series in the Eastern Conference could certainly end up a bit more interesting if the Knicks can steal game 4 tonight in Indiana. However, since the Knicks have decided to stop making shots and start calling each other out, I have decided to hope for the best possible outcome in this series for my personal playoff hopes. Just as a refresher, my playoff hopes are, in no particular order: the Golden State Shooting Guards Warriors winning the title, the Miami Heat not winning the title, and getting to see one final Rasheed Wallace outburst before he retires (don't rule this out).  Anyway, I think the Dubs match up better with Indiana, so Indiana winning that series helps on all sorts of levels.
  • Look I wasn't gonna say anything about the post-game press conference outfits players are wearing. It's just kids being kids, and who really cares. But Dwyane (yeah I spelled that correctly) Wade has taken it over the top with his Nadalian capris. Bleacher Report eventually published a piece entitled The 18 Craziest Post-Game Outfits. Some of them actually aren't that weird. Some of them are down-right terrible. The only way I can really describe my reaction to this trend is by pulling from one of the greatest movies of all time - School of Rock:

No comments:

Post a Comment